Chicken Satay With Thai Peanut Sauce
One of our P28 faves, this high protein chicken satay has the perfect sauce to create harmony in your mouth.
Tangy, succulent and flavourful. This savory delight is sure to spark fireworks wherever you serve them. Bring them to your next potluck, or just take a picture for Instagram. We won’t tell.
Protein Powered by Our High Protein Peanut Spread
Thai Peanut Sauce:
3/4 cup of P28 Peanut Butter
3.5 oz. can of Full-Fat Coconut Milk
1/4 cup Thai Red Curry Paste
1/2 Tbsp. Salt
3/4 cup Granulated Stevia
2 Tbsp. Apple Cider Vinager
1/2 cup Water
1 lb. Chicken Breast – (pound slightly and slice into 1″ strips)
1/2 cup Low Sodium Chicken Stock
1/2 cup Light Coconut Milk
2 Tbsp. Low Sodium Soy Sauce
1 Shallot, sliced thin
1 clove Garlic, minced
1.5 tsp. Thai Fish Sauce (or 2 additional tsp. of Soy Sauce)
1 Tbsp. Brown Sugar
1/2 tsp. Lime Zest
1 Tbsp. Minced Fresh Ginger
Skewers – as needed
Thai Peanut Sauce
- Put everything into a medium sized pan and bring to a gentle boil over medium heat. Whisking constantly.
- Let the mixture simmer for 3-5 minutes over low heat.
- Take the pot off the stove. Let cool down to room temperature.
- In a medium sized bowl, whisk together the chicken stock, coconut milk, soy sauce, shallot, garlic, fish sauce, brown sugar, lime zest, and ginger.
- Add the chicken strips and let marinate for 1 hour.
- Remove the chicken from the bowl, discard the marinade.
- Spray a nonstick grill pan with cooking spray and preheat over a medium high flame/temp.
- While pan is heating, thread chicken onto skewers.
- Grill chicken on skewer in pan, 2-3 minutes per side, or until cooked thoroughly through, with light grill marks.
- Serve Chicken with Thai Peanut Sauce and garnish with Basil or Cilantro, and chopped peanuts.